Garment Condos in Kitchener
- Property type: Condos
- City: Kitchener
- Occupancy:: 2021
- Maintenance Fees:: $0.48/sq.ft includes heat, central air, common area maintenance, water, concierge and internet
- Excludes:: Electricity
- Property Tax: Approximately 1% of purchase price
- Parking Licence: $40,000
- Developer:: Momentum, Zehr and KingSett Capital
- Units: 300
- Floors: 26
- Amenities: Basketball court, Pool area, Concierge service , Landscaped BBQ terrace, Urban Park
Why Invest in Kitchener-Waterloo’s Innovation District?
- Burgeoning technological corridor with Google Inc., Shopify, Communitech, Vidyard etc. attracting dozens of tech start-ups to the area
- Young professional demographic moving into the area driving up the value of property
- Access to gourmet restaurants and grocery retail experiences
- Transportation enhancements with access to a new regional LRT line and GO Transit/Via Rail commuter station
- Minutes from a future multi-modal transit hub proposed to compliment the Ontario Government high-speed rail link between Toronto and Windsor (projected year 2025)
- Community oriented and social focused lifestyle
- Continued expansion of Google Inc KW campus – the headquarters of their Canadian engineering division
- International law firm Gowling WLG expansion and development of a Class A Building with LEED Gold Certification – six story $43 million building for over 700 employees (occupancy late 2019)
- Close proximity to Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo producing a ongoing pool of renters and young professionals
- University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy within walking distance of new condo developments
- Farmers Market Kitchener attracting 10,000 people every Saturday and quickly changing the landscape of downtown Kitchener
- Record sales with recent condos in the area selling out in 2 days
- Proximity to Uptown Waterloo’s growing social scene and eatery’s
Total deposit amount due is 15%
- $2,000 paid upon signing
- 3% due in 30 days
- 3% due in 90 days
- 3% due in 180 days
- 3% due in 210 days
- Remaining due in 270 days
To provide some insight on the project attached is a slide deck prepared by our team on features based on the ground research by interviewing locals in the area and project and comparison of another project being marketed currently in Kitchener called DTK Condos based on price per square ft. (psf). Comparing solely based on psf Garment is on average $127 less psf.
An opportunity has come up in the Innovation District of Downtown Kitchener – The Garment Street Condos. This area is a hot spot for start-ups and is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of the North due to the presence of Google Inc., Shopify Inc., Vidyard etc. I realize this isn’t my normal role but while helping Sunny put together some documentation I was in awe of what a great opportunity this seemed like so figured it would be a good idea to share. I personally am familiar with the area and feel that it would be a great investment given the growth and dramatic changes to the Downtown Kitchener area – specifically within this tech hub which attracts long standing tech companies and start-ups.
We have obtained advanced pricing and access for his clients, offering a 3% family and friends discount off of the price list provided by the builder. If you are looking to get into this market – it is a really good time to invest in the Kitchener-Waterloo Innovation District within the low $200’s to $300’s range. Occupancy is scheduled for 2021.
To assist you in making this decision, I’ve compiled some information which speaks to the changing landscape of this area which is buzzing with young professionals. The Garment Street Condo specifically is within an 11 minute walk of the growing Google Inc. campus and within close proximity to a number of dynamic restaurants and shops. Also within the area is the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy and a wealth of new Class A developments. By 2025 this area is planned to have a transit hub within a 7 minute walk linking downtown Kitchener to London/Windsor via express trains and Go Transit Downtown Toronto.
Let me know if you’re interested and accordingly Sunny can work to get your information and unit preference in before May 5th 2018 when the worksheets are being reviewed by the builder. The information he would require would be your ID and units (in order of preference) you’re interested in.